Frequently Asked Questions:
- I am a subscriber, how do I log in?
- You need to register on our website. Once your email address is registered, Log In. If you are a current subscriber, you should now get 20% off merchandise in our Company Store, have free access to our archives and subscriber only content. For detailed step-by-step log in instructions, click here .
- I logged in, but I don't seem to get any of the subscriber benefits. What's the deal?
- We need an email in our subscription database order for you to gain access to the online extras. If you successfully logged in and you are a current subscriber, but you aren't getting the subscriber benefits, you need to send us the email address you are using to log in by clicking here. Please include your subscriber number or your first name, last name and zip code. Or, just call us toll free at 1-800-666-2122, 9-5PST, Monday - Friday and we'll take care of it for you. Use 949-361-0331 from outside the USA.
- What is included in a subscription?
- As a subscriber you get the following: The Surfer's Journal delivered to your door every eight weeks. Unlimited access to over 1,000 articles in The Surfer's Journal archives . 20% off in our Company Store where you save on things like books, t-shirts, and photography prints. You can subscribe by clicking here or calling us toll free at 1-800-666-2122. For more information on subscriber benefits, click here
- Why Autorenew?
- Autorenewing saves trees, time and money. We won't need to send you any more renewal notices, and you won't even need to think about whether you sent in your form. Best of all, you'll never miss an issue.
Autorenewing subscriptions are set to renew once there is one issue left in the subscription, which ensures uninterrupted service. At this time your credit card will be charged unless we hear from you. If we don't hear from you, we will bill you for another term at our lowest rate. You can always check the status of your subscription and the number of issues remaining in the My Account section of our site.
If you are on autorenew, you will always get the best price. You can email us or call us at 949-361-0331 at anytime with questions or to cancel.
- How quickly will the first issue go out for a new subscriber?
- Depending on when you submitted your subscription, your magazine will go out with the next shipment. We ship issues to new/renewing subscribers once a week. That translates into 1-2 weeks from when you placed your order if you are in the U.S., and 4-6 weeks for the rest of the world.
- Where do I find my account number?
- Whenever we mail something to you, your account number is printed just above your name on the label.
- Why is the newest issue sometimes delivered at different times to the same area?
- Unfortunately this is out of our control, as all copies go out of our warehouse at the same time. At that point It’s up to the individual postal office to deliver them at the same time, and once in a while we do see delays.
If you renewed late you may have missed the first shipment of the new issue. Your copy will go out in the next shipment. We ship every week.
- How do I know when it’s time to renew?
- We send out renewal notices when you have one issue remaining. Another notice is mailed after the last issue in your subscription has been shipped, and then we periodically notify you once your subscription has expired.
If you are a gift recipient, the first notice is sent out to the donor (the person who gave the subscription), and all subsequent notices go to you.
- I had a subscription but someone just gave me a gift, will I get two issues now?
- If the gift subscription was given to you with your name as we have in our records, and to the address we have on file, then our system will find your account and add the new subscription onto your existing account.
If the gift was given to you with a nickname or to a different address, a new account will be started for you and your two subscriptions will then be overlapping. To correct this, let us know! Call our office and ask for customer service. (800) 666-2122 or email us here.
- I gave someone a gift subscription, how will they know it’s from me?
- So long as you selected "yes" to sending a gift card, as soon as your gift subscription is received by our circulation department we rush a 4-color a gift card to the recipient with the note you indicated on your order.
- I’m looking for a specific issue that you published a while ago. How can I find it?
- Visit the TSJ Archives and type in a keyword for the subject you want and a list of the past features associated with that keyword will pop up. You can then download the article or order the back issue from this page. Remember, subscribers get free access to the archive.
- I moved and changed my address with the post office, but my magazines aren't arriving, what should I do?
- Please change your address with us directly. The post office does not always notify our office when you move. The post office will forward your magazine for up to 60 days, but after that copies are destroyed and the post office usually notifies us that the address we have on file is undeliverable. If the post office notifies us, we then put your subscription on hold until we hear from you. If you would like to change your address or need issues reshipped, please call our office at 1-800-666-2122. Unless an issue is sold out, we can reship you the copies you missed for the price of postage.
- Are you affiliated with any other publication?
- We publish The Surfer's Journal exclusively, and a variety of hard cover books featuring surf photography.
- How do I submit a story/photo to you?
- Contributions to The Surfer’s Journal are welcome. For more information and guidelines, please visit our submission page.
- I’m a subscriber, but the new issues sometimes get to the surf shops or bookstores first, why is that?
- We fully understand that as a subscriber it’s nice to get your magazine before any one else can get their hands on it. We ship subscriber copies a week before we send surf shop and bookstore copies out. The only exception is in December, when we ship issues to subscribers, surfshops and bookstores at the same time to ensure holiday delivery.
- I want to renew online but I don’t want tons of junk mail/email. Can I trust you guys?
- We value the trust and respect of our subscribers. We will never sell or rent your personal information to another company. We also promise not to abuse your trust by emailing or advertising to you flagrantly. To save paper and postage, We will email you when your subscription is about to expire. We also send emails when we publish a new book or product, assuming you want to hear about these first.
Every so often there will be a TSJ supported event or bit of news that we think you want to know about. When that comes up we will send you an email or postcard. It will always come from our office, no one will ever see your information except us. Please understand that this is a rare occurrence, and we always take you into consideration when we are thinking of promoting our products to you.
- When should I expect to receive the merchandise I ordered?
- We process merchandise orders once a week (more frequently near the holidays). We ship all merchandise on Thursdays and Fridays. If your order came in before noon on Wednesday it will ship out by the end of that week.
Most everything we ship in the US goes out UPS. If you have a PO Box or are out of the continental US it will ship via USPS or Global Mail. Expect 1-2 weeks for domestic delivery, and 4-6 weeks for international delivery.