From the seller:
RARE OPPORTUNITY FOR BEACHFRONT HOMES + PROFIT IN AN EASY-ACCESS TRANQUIL MEXICAN SURF TOWN
For sale or trade for equivalent property in Portland, Oregon. (Note: sold with operational business, with buyer to honor and profit from existing reservations. Reservations less than a year out, in case buyer wishes to transition to private home.)
Two gorgeous, breezy, custom-designed and built villas with four full apartment units. Profitable vacation rentals on a pristine sandy swimming & surf beach, just 5 minutes from downtown Troncones, 20 minutes from shopping and social hubs of Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa, and 40 minutes from ZIH international airport.
THE HOMES: Beachfront surf compound with two gracious villas with four profitable flats/vacation rentals, on a spacious lot with mature tropical gardens. Designed in elegant yet simple Tropical Zen style, for maximum low-maintenance comfort, the units have polished cement counters, accent walls and floors as well as hand-crafted tropical wood details. With open patios and fully screened spaces to let ocean breezes come and go, this is indoor-outdoor living at its most gracious and most comfortable.
LOCATION: The time-warp village of Troncones—a tiny, safe & peaceful Mexican village with year-round surf, where everyone knows (and looks out for) everyone else—offers total peace and relaxation, just 20 minutes from the hopping resort cities and amenities of Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa (Sam’s Club, Europea, restaurants, boutiques, nightclubs, diving, sport fishing, two golf courses, and surf breaks galore.) Only 40 mins from ZIH International Airport (with year-round direct flights from many major US cities).
Not to mention the luxury of having fresh fish, produce and even beer delivered daily to your gate.
THE BEACH: At the secluded end of Troncones’ quietest residential beach, only a mile from Troncones “downtown,” yet away from any town noise. Right on one of the best sandy swimming & boogie boarding areas in town, with our own mostly-secret surf break right out front.
YEAR-ROUND SURF: Troncones gets swells year-round! Epic in summer (tourist low season = surfer high season). There’s a shortboard break right out front, along with several more breaks along 3 mile Troncones beach, as well as many diverse, generally uncrowded world-class breaks within a 30 minute drive. The local Surf scene is a growing source of tourism and fun, with newly-minted local surf tournaments and more visitors. Say adios to cold water and agro, crowded surf spots!
UNSPOILED NATURE + MODERN AMENITIES: One of the few remaining easily-accessible, yet affordable unspoiled beaches. Get total peace in nature, without being too isolated. Onsite wildlife and bird-watching galore, and a soundtrack of birdsong and breaking waves. SUP paradise. Easily accessible kayaking, hiking and biking areas, and yet it’s only a mile to the small stores and restaurants of our thriving little “downtown,” and only 20 minutes to Sam’s Club and the big city.
CONNECTED: The property includes a landline and two separate, redundant internet providers, just in case.
COMPLETELY TURNKEY: Purchase includes the fully furnished property, all rental accessories, kitchenware, linens, etc; plus the full business package, with branding, web presence, reservation / calendar system, and plenty of return guests and existing reservations, from which buyer profits. WordPress website for easy customization. No need to hire expensive web developers. (Brand new website on the way.)
ONE PROPERTY = SO MANY OPTIONS:
- Keep the biz as is and visit at will: Full-time income for part-time work (20 hours or less a week), plus your own surf home. Keep one unit for personal use, rent the rest, make a tidy, low-maintenance profit, and look forward to an epic, income-producing retirement.
- Purchase with friends or family and make your own condos/time share vacation compound. (Business can be phased out once existing reservations have been honored. Buyer profits from reservations already made.)
- Retire now on the beach with a good income from a fun and easy part-time job. Live in peace, surf every day, and meet great people.
- Tons of room to grow: Invest a bit more time on promotion and vastly increase your income.
- Get Creative. Create another business on the property in the downstairs studio unit. Perfect for a café or a boutique…
THE VACATION RENTAL BUSINESS: Three VRBO/AIRBnB listed flats (and one long-term rental) with great web presence. Currently set up as a part-time job with impressive profits. An easily managed, successful rental business with 8 years of professionally-designed online presence, five-star reviews and many return guests. At the moment 90% of income comes from renting just 6 months of the year, with just 24% occupancy. Rental income has tons of room to grow with increased promotion. Just step in and start earning income. (Not enough for your entrepreneurial itch? The 4th unit is currently rented to our onsite masseuse/yoga instructor. But it’s also set up to be a cafe or bar, both of which are easy to run down here.) Email us and we’ll send detailed financial information. (To facilitate residential sale and tax issues, business is included at no cost. We just want our guests’ reservations honored.)
INCLUDES: Everything you need. Turn key rental business with reservations in place and many return guests. Fully furnished, the price includes everything from kitchen appliances to linens to furniture. There’s even a negotiable Jeep Grand Cherokee. And a couple of sweet jungle cats who would love to stay onsite and keep critters at bay.
OPPORTUNITY = EPIC. It’s a great time to buy. Prices are near the low end of the cycle, but the Troncones market is heating up. Get in before Troncones is fully discovered. (Think Sayulita before the boom.)
CONSTRUCTION: Two homes, 4 units, 6 bedrooms, 5.5 baths, 4 kitchens. 4000 SF of living space, not including patios. Plunge pool with large sun-bathing patio, fountain, barbecue. Also large bodega with laundry room & plenty of storage. Recent construction: beach house built 2010, garden house 2014.
PROPERTY: 8700 SF fully fenced lot. Tropical gardens with lush, mature vegetation including coconut palms, mango, banana, moringa, even an Ylang Ylang tree, and flowers galore.
PRICE: We just lowered the price to replacement value of the property: USD $640,000. [This price does not include the value of the business, which for tax reasons, we are actually giving away—with the stipulation that all current reservations must be honored (and profited from).]
WHY SELL this this beach-dream-come-true? We had to move back to the US to take care of aging family and can no longer visit regularly. We had nine glorious beachfront years, learned to surf, and made a ton of friends, but now it’s time to move on.
- Lots of return guests.
- 5 star reviews on VRBO/Homeaway, AirBNB, Google+ and FaceBook.
- Strong graphic design and web presence. Professionally designed logo, branding, and content-rich website. We’ve included tons of useful content on Troncones, local surf spots, and a detailed Travel guide. This draws a lot of viewers, many of whom become guests.
- Part time work. Running the business takes less than 20 hours per week.
- User-friendly WordPress website. Easily changed and updated — No need to hire a coder, saving much time, money, and hassle.
- Great Revenue.
Yearly net profits are more than the US median full-time salary. Business income will pay for the property in less than 10 years. Contact us for specifics: TronconesBeachProperties@gmail.com.
- All furnishings, linens, etc.
- Simple booking and calendar system
- High quality, easily modifiable WordPress website
- Professionally designed branding (logo, website, etc.)
- Professional photographs
- Established Facebook Page with 300 likes
- Flickr Page with tons of professional photos you can use
Optional: Legalized Jeep Grand Cherokee (negotiable)
LINKS ON AREA INFO:
LINKS TO ARTICLES ON TRONCONES:
LEGAL DETAILS: As with all residential real estate in Mexico’s restricted zone (within 50km of the coast), the property requires a fideicomiso bank trust for foreign acquisition. This is a perpetually renewable bank trust, administered on your behalf by the Mexican bank of your choice. The property does not become part of the bank’s assets—the bank is merely the trustee, while the owner is the beneficiary of the trust. Just like the beneficiary of a living trust in the US, the beneficiary has complete authority over the property and all relevant decisions pertaining to it. The property is fully owned by the beneficiary, who has the right to sell, rent, mortgage or leave the property to named beneficiaries. All profits from the sale of the property belong to the beneficiary/owner. Yearly bank trust fees are US $498.00, and property taxes are under US $200 a year. All property permits are in place, ecological and otherwise. The Zona Federal beach concession permit is also included. For tax reasons, we are actually giving the business away for free—with the stipulation that all current reservations must be honored (and profited from).
- Right on quietest sandy beach in town
- Total peace and quiet, yet close to town
- Great swimming beach out front
- Secret surf break out front
- One mile to “downtown” troncones
- 20 minutes to Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa
- 40 minutes to ZIH international airport
- Lush tropical gardens with mature vegetation
- Coconut palms, mango, banana, moringa, even an Ylang Ylang tree.
- 2 homes
- 4 units
- 6 bedrooms
- 5.5 baths
- 4 kitchens
- 4000 SF of living space, not including patios
- Tons of storage and closet space
- Plunge pool
- Large beachfront sun bathing patio
- Landline and WIFI with 2 internet providers
- Laundry room with washer/dryer
- Huge water storage tank
- Eco-friendly septic system
- 2 storage rooms
- Fountain with fish and lotus blossoms
- Barbecue grill
- Recent construction: beach house 2010, garden house 2014.
- Great people: fully staffed and easily run from afar. (Management costs less than $200 a month)
- Yearly property taxes are under US $200
- Ecological permits are all in place.
- The Zona Federal or restricted zone beach permit is also included.
Contact Al for more information: TronconesBeachProperties@gmail.com