Yvon Chouinard’s Further Adventures with the Atoll Man
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Yvon Chouinard’s summer adventure of sailing in the Pacific. Chouinard hitches a ride on the Tahitian Moon, a 38′ ketch, from Oahu to Palmyra Atoll to Fanning Island, fishing and surfing at stops along the way. On Fanning he catches up with Chuck Corbett, a SoCal expat who’s bummed around the Pacific for decades and surf’s a freight-train lagoon-entrance left by himself.