You Crazy Diamonds
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
The line between rock star and surf star was significantly thinner in the 1960s and 70s, made even more so by common positioning in underground culture, subversive lifestyling, and psychedelia. For George Greenough and Pink Floyd, these crossover pools of interest ultimately ended in a creative collaboration, a film known as Echoes. Here’s the backstory of how Greenough’s disembodied portraits from deep inside the tube came to be paired with the band’s instrumentals.