Volume 7.Issue 3
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Sam George’s piece providing historical insight on some of the biggest swells prior and post Surfline. The standout years discussed here are 1939, 1969, 1998 and the enormous swells those years brought, which many believe have and never will be topped. Also, there is an additional piece included with this story called The Big Day, written by Buzzy Kerbox. In it, he is remembering the biggest waves he has ever surfed, which he did in the company of Laird Hamilton, Victor Lopez, and Buzzy Mayer. His article is accompanied with photos and captions of numerous breaks during the big swell.