www.surfcity.com: Is Santa Cruz Really Just Huntington Beach with Trees?
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Ben Marcus ponders the statement “is Santa Cruz really just Huntington Beach with trees”. He traces the earliest California surfing on Santa Cruz beaches to its most recent, as the home town of the sports brightest surf stars.