Working Without a Net
Volume 22.Issue 5
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Jeannie Chesser’s home on the back slopes of Diamond Head was covered wall to wall with memories of loved ones now deceased: her best friend Rell Sunn, her husband David, their son Todd—the big-wave surfer of the Momentum generation. When Jeannie is forced to pack up her family home, her daily paddle-outs along Oahu’s South Shore provide some stability.