Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
John “Oom” Whitmore, the Godfather of Surfing, brought modern-day surfing to South Africa through his board building and promotion of the sport. John was full of antics and connected immediately to Bruce Brown when Bruce and crew landed in SA to film The Endless Summer. John is known as the first to surf the Atlantic coast, was influential in the formation of the South African Surf Riders Association, produced Clark Foam blanks, Hobie Cats, and Morey bodyboards…and more.