Welcome to the Badlands (ended here on 6/24)
Volume 16.Issue 3
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
A glimpse into the history and present day state of “The Badlands” or otherwise known as the Australian Kabi Coast. This article follows a few of the brave surfers to venture north of Noosa into the “final frontier” to surf perfect lines in shark infested waters. It also touches upon the aboriginal history of the region and their myths surrounding the protection of the Kabi Coast. A must read for anyone traveling or living in the area.