Waves Around The Bend
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Here’s a four-pack of Indonesian discoveries guaranteed to get you checking discount flights to Jakarta. It starts with The Beast, a place that’s recently hosted the heaviest pit-plumbings this side of Peahi. If that’s a little much, consider “The No Brainer,” a virtual skatepark of a left/right/bombie combo. Next up, might Brad direct your attention to Cricket Point? It’s a legit sand bottom point in the wilds of (we think) Java, adding further reason to consider a land-based tromp. Finally, there is “The Hoax,” a hardly-hidden left point that Masters claims is “good from far but far from good.” Photos lie, but we won’t—this is a sick, sick assemblage.