Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Ran Ortner paints waves. But they aren’t the kind that surfers obsess over. And they aren’t the kind of clichéd seascapes under the tired genre of “Surf Art.” From his Brooklyn studio, Ortner works against the accepted conventions of the New York art scene to produce paintings inspired by the collision of light and dark elements on the sea.