Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
As a surf destination, Virginia Beach is primarily known as a pit stop on certain surf comp circuits, a party detour for Outer-Banks-bound road trips, and a generally underfed collection of sandbanks, jetties, and piers. For locals, however, it’s a wavescape that has captured and held their attention for more than 100 years, with generational dynasties shaped by every ounce of energy they can wring from the Atlantic. Photographer, writer, and Vah Beach native Stewart Ferebee explores a century of history in this East Coast stronghold.