Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Early big wave surfing pioneer Peter Cole talks about his experiences growing up in the Santa Monica/Malibu surf scene in the 1940s with friends Joe Quigg, Matt Kivlin, Buzzy Trent, and Bob Simmons. Gaining some big wave experience at Steamer Lane while attending Stanford, Peter transferred his acquired skills to riding big Sunset and Waimea during the 1960s.