Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Craig Lockwood explains the cultural significance of the annual Brooks Street Pro-Am Classic, held every summer (when at least one swell arrives from the Southern Hemisphere) since 1955. Past winners and placers have included: Hobie Alter, Tom Morey, Mickey Munoz, Corky Smith, Dave Whitegon, John Creed, Howard Chapleau, Pat Tobin, Robin Calhoun, Ron Sizemore, Joey Cabell, Mike Haley, Corky Carroll, Billy Hamilton, Mike Armstrong and Brian Bulkley, all of whom lived in Laguna.