Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Kye Fitzgerald looks up Bobby Owens on a trip to the North Shore to talk about the single-fin era, old boards, and ’81 Bells Beach; David Morris reviews Thomas Pynchon’s book “Inherent Vice”; Rabbit Bartholomew’s views on the birth of ASP’s “Dream Tour”; Scott Szegeski’s Gyotaku-style surfboard prints; Surfing Around: Back story on this issue’s cover Ah-wooo board shaped by Mickey Muñoz on the North Shore circa late ’70s; Passings: LeRoy Grannis; George Kamai “Boogie” Kalama, Sion Milosky; Off-the-lips with Ben Marcus, Mickey Muñoz, Lance Carson, and Tom Morey. Liner Notes: The back story on this issue’s “Live From the Revolution”, by Matt Warshaw with Paul Witzig’s letter to editor Scott Hulet commenting on Matt’s interpretation of Australian surf culture of the period.