Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
French surfers tackle the Indo tidal bore wave “Bono”. Tetsuhiko Endo’s review of Amstel Surf Film Festibal 8 in San Sebastian, Spain. Ever-changing technologies translate to new surf reporting techniques and surf reporting etiquette. Surfing Around, A Gerry Lopez interview excerpted from “Dark Green Religion” by Bron Taylor explores surfing and its relation to spirituality. Passings: Frank Latta and James Stanley Kuuipo Lau, Off-The Lips with Bill Bringhurst, Jim “Finger Mill” Irwin, and Ben Marcus. Spin The Globe: Bukit Peninsula, Bali, Indonesia. Liner Notes is the back story on the creation of The Surfer’s Journal 20 year anniversary; Derek Rielly’s Martin Potter story; Steve Lis and his twin-keeled, split-tailed, San Diego Fish by Cher Pendarvis; and fine artist Julian Schnabel profile.