Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
While rounding Point Conception after a successful paddle powered surf trip, Jeff Chamberlain noticed a pair of small crafts zipping around Cojo reef. Closer inspection lead to him meeting George Hawkins and being introduced to his small homemade boat designed specifically for surf access. Inspired by this meeting and Hawkins' craft, Jeff and a friend set out to build boats of their own with the intent of further opening the doors of surf discovery along California's central coast. Also included are the addendums “Primer on Skiffs” which details various vessel options for surf exploration, and “10 Spots You'll Never Surf – Without a Boat” a group of photos and captions providing support for Chamberlain's hypothesis that there are still plenty of surf discoveries left to be made in California.