Under the Great Wave
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
A 200-year-old woodblock print is the most widely dispersed image of a single wave ever produced. Today, its impact still reverberates across the visual landscape, from the hyper-stylized cartooning of Japanese manga to the scale and focus of modern surf photography.