Transcendental Memories of a Surf Rebel
Volume 18.Issue 6
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Mike Hynson, the ultra-clean looking robin-hood to Robert August’s Batman in the Endless Summer, made a drastic left-hand turn in the late sixties. Eventually busted for running drugs, in this article and excerpt from his book, Hynson recounts his days from Bruce Brown’s surf subject to film star to transcendental drug running to present day.