Timekeeper: Photographer Anthony Friedkin
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Jamie Brisick takes a look at photographer Anthony Friedkin’s work over the years. Friedkin is a surf photographer by trade, however you won’t find him pointing his camera at the pipeline masters or the “cash register barrels of Teahupoo”. Rather his work is more inspired by the black and white golden era masters, like Henri Cartier-Bresson, Robert Frank, and Andre Kertesz.