Time For Change
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Kelly Slater’s surfboards have always been a little different. From the utlra-narrow glass slipper shortboard designs of his youth to now, wider and fuller (often quad fin) very short boards, Slater’s one of the few pros who isn’t afraid to tinker with design. Don’t be too quick to suggest that Kelly can ride anything and hence his theories don’t apply to you. Here, he explains what his vision of the modern surfboard looks like and what that means to you.