Tim Winton: Writing the Waves
Volume 18.Issue 1
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Tim Baker talks with Tim Winton, one of Australia’s most acclaimed novelists. Winton, a lifelong surfer, after 30 years, 8 novels, and numerous awards, has finally written his first novel about surfing, titled Breath. Winton who hails from southwestern Australia, has also been a strong proponent for protecting the ocean, and urges the surf industry to give back more.