Volume 22.Issue 5
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Gerry Lopez writes on his underexposed ’70s contemporary, Clement “Tiger” Espere: “In the Country, Barry Kanaiaupuni and Tiger ruled Sunset Beach and Haleiwa. They were the avant-garde of the Hawaiian chapter of the shortboard revolution, designing and riding radical surfboards that pushed the envelope of performance surfing in big waves.”