Tierra De Patagones
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Chilean surf gauchos Julian and Joaquin Azulay left Buenos Aires in a truck loaded with camping gear on a mission to scout an underexplored island off Tierra del Fuego. They remained on the road for six months. In between, they drove more than 3,000 kilometers, boated through the Beagle Channel, and ran across rutting penguins, crotchety sea captains, feral-bull wranglers, and the occasional honing lefthander—experiences more than worth the sacrifice of sleeping in the dirt.