Volume 20.Issue 4
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
We take look inside the world’s sixth largest ad agency and its mastermind, Lee Clow. Having grown up surfing the beaches of Southern California, Clow liked the non-traditional independence that surfing allowed. He found the ad world to be a good fit early on, which enabled him to use his forward thinking at Chiat/Day. Forty years later, Clow continues to bring his translation of surf culture into the advertising mainstream.