The View From Hoffman Seaboard
Volume 20.Issue 1
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Martin Potter saw the ocean for the first time when he was 9, and spent the next six years surfing the beaches of Durban, South Africa. By age 15, Potter was blowing doors off at the Gunston 500, and eight years after that he won the world title by the biggest margin in pro surfing history. Engage in his wild ride of 14 years on tour, recollections of childhood, and life as it is today.