The Timber of the Times
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
From wooden planks to lightly sprung shooters for the likes of Mick Peterson, Rabbit, and PT, Joe Larkin is one of Queensland’s foundational shapers. He reckons his heyday was between 1966 and ’67, just before shortboards were popularized.