The Thruster Grail
Volume 21.Issue 2
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
When Andrew Kidman took Simon Andersonâ€™s original Thruster for a paddle one day he was only vaguely aware of its monetary value, he just knew that it was a special surfboard. But after spending some days in the water with the shaping pioneer, Kidman came to find out that the board made the man just as much as the man made the board.