The Taking of Pohnpei
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
You will find Pohnpei in the Federated States of Micronesia, one of three Senyavin Islands within the Caroline Island chain. It can fire for weeks on end and was first surfed by only a handful from the ’60s into the ’90s. Fast forward to the late ’90s and the secret’s unleased with the first surf camp opening in 2004—Pohnpei is no longer a secret.