The Society Islands
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Why aren’t more surfers killed in heavy-wave surfing? Statistically, big-wave surfing isn’t known as a very fatal situation, so when people die surfing it is usually an anomaly. Perhaps as the sport progresses, maybe the odds of more surfers dying in bigger, slab waves will become more commonplace.