The Short Happy Life of Lighthouse Jetty
Volume 22.Issue 3
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Denny Aaberg recounts the lifecycle of his favorite home break during his teenaged years: “Nobody knows for sure when the transformation was complete, but one day in ’59, probably at low tide, a glassy northwest windswell rolled in, found the jetty’s sculpted sand bottom, and peeled off through the virgin cove in a proud sand-grabbing barrel.”