Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Derek Hynd charts the history of the surfers, developers, and folklore that have sculpted Jeffrey’s Bay into what it is today. Integral to an understanding of the importance of this wave is the appreciation of how incredibly fast J-Bay surfing is, and Bunker Spreckles’ contributions to fast, down-the-line surfing were products of his adaptation to the speedy circumstances.