The Modern Austrailian
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Confused nationalism and a mining boom pushes Australian surfing toward a watered down version of kitsch Americana—minus the irony. Through a number of characters scattered across the country’s east coast, Jed Smith surveys the shifting coastal makeup and ideals of the Aussie boom-time.