The Lens: Meditations from a Forgotten Shore
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Christian Beamish discusses living out in the North Pacific by a lighthouse amongst the seals and birds. He spends his days watching the water, the waves that are open and treacherous and shaping surfboards that are informed by the specific place. He holds the outlook that “good surf is a matter of perspective and the ocean, alive with activity, gives its own rewards to those who offer themselves day after day.”