The Land Of The Nauset
Volume 23.Issue 4
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Cape Cod is freighted with dreams, aspirations and history. A charismatic bit of geography, the hook-shaped peninsula is lauded by artists for its resonant “Cape light.” Comprising a multitude of townships, demographics, and swell exposures, it’s Massachusetts’ most complex wave field. Of course, there is a diehard surf populace willing to hang through the bitter cold of winter and the various indignities of tourist season to get their moments. This is the inside view.