The House on Butterfly Lane
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
What was it like to be a surfer in the 50s? Danny Aaberg’s piece on The Butterfly House gives a taste of the fun and wild times had by the traveling surfer in the early years of the sport. This article is an entertaining recollection about what a handful of Santa Barbara surfer’s considered their sanctuary, known as The House on Butterfly Lane.