The Harbour Chronicles
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Rich Harbour started Harbour Surfboards in his parent’s Seal Beach house in 1962 before moving into a nearby storefront, the only surf shop in town at the time and then to its current resting place on Main street. 43 years later, Harbour Surfboards is the world’s oldest continually-operated surfboard shaping and retail operation. Steve Pezman chronicles the Harbour crew of the 1960’s from the formation of the Long Beach Surf Club, to a Baja discovery, and their first attendance of the point-like surf at Honolua Bay.