The Cusp of the North
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Unifying science, geography, and the art of the hustle, Yazzy has climbed onto the short list ofsurf photographers delivering previously unseen visions. Focusing on the North Atlantic, the Canadian photographer throws himself—literally—into the gelid-watered wilderness ofthe arctic thermoclines. The result: Pictures that have us questioning our sport’s preoccupation with warm-climate surf travel. Mind-broadening stuff to be sure.