Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Kimo Hollinger talks about surfing with Paul Gebauer on the North Shore of Hawaii in the late 1950s. The music of Richard Kauhi Quartet in Hawaii and the jazz scene, the comparison of blues music to the Hawaiian struggle. Adventures “knowing Miki Dora, Conrad Cauha and the funeral of Sandy Kahanamoku and surfing at Ala Moana Yacht Harbor” are told.