The Broken Ground
Volume 22.Issue 1
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
From the fertile mud of Oahu’s Keawawaihi Valley, Kohl Christensen erected his organic farm and solar-powered compound. Each year he hosts a cast of underground big-wave riders and leads the hunt for massive, paddle-in waves when the swell turns gargantuan.