The Bicycle Tour
Volume 20.Issue 6
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
After researching 1960s Banzai Pipeline, Kimball Taylor’s interest in Bob Simmons’ 1953 bicycle trip from Makaha to Sunset Beach around Kaena Point piqued his interest. Rather impromptu, Taylor sets out to replicate Bob’s trip, even down to an old, rusty bike in favor of a newer, easier ride.