The Best I Ever Saw: Shaun Claffey
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
The Best I Ever Saw: Looking through a copy of “Photo: Grannis,” the author sees a photo of his favorite surfer: a classic black-and-white photo captioned “unidentified.” With the mystery solved, Schurman recollects Shaun’s classic maneuvers and impressions he made when he was just a grom at local Santa Barbara breaks throughout the ’60s.Blank Expression: A confined, lonesome, dirty job: “Behold the humble sander.” Take a peak at one of San Diego’s most famous surfboard sanders—Kenny Mann.