The Apprenticeship of James Moriarty
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Prior to his death, the late Jay Moriarty is profiled as an up-and-coming teenager capable of throwing himself down the faces of really, really big waves. Thanks to the coaching he received from his mentor Rick “Frosty” Hesson, who also has supported the likes of Robert “Wingnut” Weaver and Kim Hall, Jay gained the knowledge and confidence to take care of himself in the most lethal of circumstances.