The 1968 World Contest
Volume 21.Issue 1
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Ben Marcus has compiled first-accounts of the 1968 World Contest in Rincon, Puerto Rico with the first prototype boards of the shortboard revolution. The rules: biggest wave, closest to the curl, length of ride. With interviews from Corky Carroll, Mike Doyle, Nat Young, Greg MacGillivray, Fred Hemmings, and more.