That Summer At Boomerang
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
So much has been lost in the hard factual accounts of early wave-riding exhibitions to Australia and California. In a more creative history of Duke Kahanamoku’s 1915 trip to Freshwater Beach, Phil Jarratt fills in the characters, romance, and politics that give life to an important moment in surfing’s past.