Tarzan At Waikiki
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Dorian Paskowitz tells us a story worthy of its own book, painting a picture of the social hierarchy of the Waikiki Beach Boys that existed in the 1940s, Paskowitz’s firsthand experiences with the scene, and Gene “Tarzan” Smith’s belligerent resistance of the violently-enforced pecking order.