Surf Nazis…and Other Objectional Material
Volume 1.Issue 4
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Craig Stecyk’s introspective rumination on surf culture explores the origins of the “Surf Nazi” aesthetic, from the swastika emblems on various mid-century surfboards, to the artistic expressions of Von Dutch, Ed Roth, Rick Griffin, and Robert Williams which contained related symbolism at the intersection of surfing and hot-rod cultures.