Sunday Morning Surf Check with Doug Aitken
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Jamie Brisick takes a look at the life and art of Doug Aitken, an LA based surfer and internationally known artist, who “blurs the lines between film, video, still photography, architecture, sculpture, and Willy Wonka.” At first glance his art has nothing to do with surfing, but when you dive deeper, it is easy to see how elements of surfing have shaped his life and artwork.