Spirits of the Land
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
A planned trip for adventure from Gaviota to San Diego for Hollister Ranch locals Nole Cossart and Chadd Konig turns into a paddle for Gaviota’s primitiveness. Barely old enough to buy alcohol, Nole and Chadd journey out to remind people of California’s ruggedness, hoping it’s never lost to the housing demands of society.