Volume 18.Issue 4
Note: Subscribers have access to a downloadable .pdf for all features in the archive.
Subscribers receive access to PDF archives of Volumes 1-29 free as part of their membership.
Get a magic link sent to your email that'll sign you in instantly.
TSJ members receive:
- Bi-monthly delivery of The Surfer's Journal
- 20% off merchandise and apparel in the TSJ store
- Unlimited access to every article we've ever published
- Email delivery of additional original TSJ content
- Member only film screenings
- Exclusive sponsor offers and discounts
Flex, an under-examined element of surf design, is discussed by seven maestros of flex, none of them interested in a stiff sled. Renny Yater, Mitchell Rae, Shawn Ambrose, Sage Joske, Timmy Patterson, Steve Pendarvis, and Bert Berger each discuss their approach to incorporating flex into a board, through the use of different materials (e.g., foam, resin, glass, wood) and techniques (e.g., rails, stringers, tails, decks).